Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Would you please help me with my Cannon MP640 printer? The

Customer Question

Would you please help me with my Cannon MP640 printer? The 521BK and the 521M and the 520BK ink cartridges have a steady red light showing on them. The Cyan and the Yellow are working well, hence I can only print in green. Any suggestions as to how I may remedy this?
With kind regards,
Linda Eden
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Linda.

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. It sounds like you still have some missing cartridges there that are low/empty, which is why you're getting a light on them.

Are you saying that you have replaced all the cartridges and still have trouble printing?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have new cartridges and they are not working.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you going to answer???
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

HI Linda,

Please reply only once. It takes a few minutes for messages to go back and forth, but when you send multiple messages like this they all get lost in the queue and I don't get any of them.

Please give me a moment to respond before replying again.

Are you using genuine canon cartridges, or generic/refilled ones?
Do you get any error messages?
If you make a copy, directly from the glass (test both black and color modes, please) how do those come out?