Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a canon printer pixma ip 4200. The orange light is

Customer Question

I have a canon printer pixma ip 4200. The orange light is flashing 5 times. What is the matter? Help please. Anna
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

remove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
once these steps have been done, check the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved for any stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it.
once done turn the unit back on and check

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

let me know if it gives the same 5 flashes or gives an error code or comes to ready state