Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and my Pixma mx920 stopped

Customer Question

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and my Pixma mx920 stopped working. I have to tried to download both of your Windows 10 drivers and it is not working. It sets up fine and says that the printer is ready but when I print it takes forever and eventually says the printer is showing and err. but it is not and it never says what the err is. Please help. I have some work to print. I have been pulling my hair out since I installed windows 10
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.

how is the printer connected to the computer usb or wireless.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wireless I tried a cat 5 cable too. niether worked.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

unplug the printer and power it off.

go into the control panel windows and look for add remove programs and remove canon driver and software completely.

reboot the computer and download the latest driver software and install it.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know how it goes.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

There is an optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($22). It is 100% safe which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for.
let me know if you want to opt for remote assistance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It took me forever to delete all 20 something Canon programs. I did turn off the printer restarted my computer. restarted the printer and reinstalled the Windows 10 driver for my printer... still doesn't work.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

you installed wifi or usb driver.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how can I tell the difference. It was one of two drivers listed.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

during installation it give you the option to select usb or wifi.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it did. I chose Wifi.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

does the model has a touch screen or a menu button on the printer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has a menu button
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

follow the steps on the printer

Press menu button go to settings use the arrow to select wlan or wireless press ok and then use the arrow to reset wireless lan and press ok.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

once done follow the same steps go to wireless settings search for the wireless router select and connect.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says I am connected to my wireless network. still no luck
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i will open the question to other experts for there view as i am running out of ideas.

Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another expert; I will help you with this. Do you mean during installation, the computer did detect the wireless printer, and installed fine, but could not print?

It looks like this printer model is not fully compatible with Windows 10. Would you like to back to your previous working Windows version?

Please let me know. Thank you.

It looks like you are not there now, but let me provide a suggestion you can try when you are available.

- Please click on the Start icon (which is the windows logo icon) located at the lower left corner of the computer's screen, then click on Update & security, then click on Recovery option on the left, then click on the option to go back to your previous windows 7, or 8 or 8.1.

When you are available, please reply back continue. Thank you for your patience,