Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My Image RUNNER 2525 has a problem,while power on it reads

Customer Question

My Image RUNNER 2525 has a problem,while power on it reads Error code E000002
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Solution for error: E000002 , clear the error from the service mode , ont. Panel, press the following, one after the other, * (additional functions), 2, 8, * (additional functions).

You are now in Service Mode. Touch the Function Tab, touch the Clear button, touch the ERR button, when it is highlighted, press the OK button at the botton of screen. Power Cylce unit.

If it comes back up, may have been a fluke. However, if it comes back, check your Fixing Assy for jammed paper, or damage to the Fixing Film (Upper Roller). Replacing the Film is not hard. After you remove the Fixing Assy., its a couple cables and springs. Rather on the easy side for Film replacements. Remember, on these models, the Film is also the Heater and Upper Fixing Roller.

The Film is most likely on the pricey side for new, believe you can find rebuilds. Just keep in mind that the Film is still a lil' bit cheaper then the whole assy., and 8 out 10 times, its the Film that fails in the asssy , E810 and/or "CHECK TONER/DRUM CRG" message on control panel. Something is a miss in the drum unit. Make sure that the drum unit and developer units are attached together at the front and rear.

Use cation when removing, as the drum is light and scratch sensitive. If all is well there, either call a service tech or replace the drum unit(expensive) approx. $135 for GPR 10 Drum unit.