Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

HP Printer Model 6520, Product CX017A, S/N TH35M110BK05XP

Customer Question

Printer prints one sheet (or maybe not), then shows 'paper jam.' Jam is corrected, and printer spits out 2 or 3 blank sheets. I have found paper in the ink compartment, and even tipped the machine up and found a sheet caught on the bottom. What is the problem?
This is my third inquiry. Have had replies with jibberish. Unhappy.
C. A. Snyder
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
How old is the printer?
If fairly old, it might have paper feed rollers with surfaces that have gotten in need of cleaning and/or renewal.
Also, your printer driver, on your computer, may be slightly corrupted (I doubt it, but it's possible, and you can correct it if so.)
As to the first possible cause of the problem, a set of photocopies would perhaps clear up as to whether the problem is caused by defects of the paper feed rollers.
If one of the copies causes the problem, then you probably have a problem inherent to the printer (depending upon just what happens... and let me know.) If so, I will give you instructions on how to clean the paper feed rollers.
If not, tell me what the Windows version on your computer is, and also whether you have the printer hooked up directly to the computer with a USB cable, or if the printer is networked by a wireless connection. And I will give you further instructions in that case, too.