Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

My brother mfc 9840cdw printer keeps generating a jam duplex

Customer Question

my brother mfc 9840cdw printer keeps generating a jam duplex error message whenever I try to print double sided. However there is no paper jam. I have thoroughly checked the internal and can find no remanents of paper or other object. There is no problem printing one sided. I have tried to reset and re calibrate the macine without success. I have tested the drivers and they are up to date/ Any idea what is causing this fake recurring "jam duplex error"message?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** know how it works out, and I'll advise further if needed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nathan, I can't find your answer?
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry, I actually hadn't sent an answer, that last note was a reply to another question that it appears has inadvertently posted to your query instead.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

I've opted out of the question, so a printer tech can reply to your original question. Best of luck to you,

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Is the error only showing on the computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Freddy thank you for responding. The error message only appears on the screen on the printer and always as "Jam Duplex" with a ticker tape message to open the back door and remove the jammed paper. However when I do this there is no physical paper jam. There is no message to replace parts and I only recently replaced the BU-100CL and DR-150CL parts. I hope this helps Paul
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Freddy i forgot to mention that I have checked the status of the Parts Life in the Printer Menu and they all have plenty of life. In addition I have no problem printing one sided on double sided so if there is a parts problem it must be the part that needs to function to print double sided. I have also run "trouble shooter" in the "properties "tab in my computer and it says that there is no problem.
Regards
Paul
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Those parts are the drum and the transfer belt from what I can see, can you remove and reinsert the belt? That can sometimes cause problems like this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
H Freddy thanks. I have done that several times without luck? Any other thoughts otherwise it looks like I will have to I get a Brother technician to come and look at it?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

If you cleaned the entire area and re-seated it normally means you have a failing logic board. If it is under warranty this will normally be covered. If not this can be expensive so you may want to call around for a price first. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Brother.