Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have an XP-400 and an Apple computer I am trying to scan a

Customer Question

I have an XP-400 and an Apple computer I am trying to scan a legal document from the scanner to the computer to send as an e-mail to our son. It is 4 pages long. The scanner is connected directly to the computer through USB cable. Can you please help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Click Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.
Click the Printers & Scanners icon and then select your printer in the left pane.
Click the Scan tab, and then click Open Scanner....
If a 'Software for this device is not installed' message displays after you select your printer, click Install, and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Click Show Details to view scan settings and options.
note:
Make sure that you select either the Flatbed mode or the Document Feeder mode, depending on your printer and how you plan to scan.
Change any settings as necessary, and then click Scan.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did not work
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
What happened when you tried it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not follow what was sent
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Where did you get stuck? What version of Mac are you using?