How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Hannigan Your Own Question
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Category: Printers
Satisfied Customers: 11697
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
Type Your Printers Question Here...
Michael Hannigan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I haveBrother Hk-227ODW printer, i just put in a new toner

Customer Question

I haveBrother Hk-227ODW printer, i just put in a new toner TN-420, but it still says low toner. hve always been able to do it before.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It still keeps saying toner low
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant Brother printer HL-2270DW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we speak now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to cancel my request!
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

Please make sure the toner that you are using is a genuine brother brand toner and not a replacement or compatible toner. The brother cartridge has a fuse on it which triggers the printer to know that it's been replaced. Many third-party and remanufactured toners did not have this fuse in place. Otherwise, if it is a brother brand toner cartridge, then it's likely that it is defective and needs to be replaced. You should be able to get it replaced at the reseller from whom you purchased it. If you have any questions or if you need additional help, please let me know.