Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I got MF4880 printer i was working just fine until this

Customer Question

I got MF4880 printer i was working just fine until this morning when i turn it on.
the error light start to blinking.
its go a code E100-0001 how can i solve this problem??????
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Heres what that error means and what the suggested fix is.

http://www.printcopy.info/?mod=free&chap=erc&brand=Canon&model=MF4880&code=E100-0001

Before we discuss replacing any parts, which may be what needs to happen. Lets try a few things first.

Unplug the printer from power. Unplug any and all cables connected to it. Then press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.

Then plug it back into power. And try to turn it on. Same error?

If so..

Unplug the machine from power for 30 minutes.. Then plug it back in and test again.. If it still gets the same error.

Then we will need to discuss servicing / repairing the unit. Good luck, and let me know what happens.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.