Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Help! I lost all the written material sent in the delivery

Customer Question
Help! I lost all the written...
Help!
I lost all the written material sent in the delivery of our new Cannon Printer Pixma MG6620.
I am trying to install some ink cartridges purchased from either Staples or Office Depot.
The salesperson said the package we bought would work but your info on it says the ink is for ModelsMG6320;5420;IP7220; MX922 and MX722. Can you help me find the sources for this information to enable me to use the new printer? Thanks very much.
Elizabeth XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
8/15/2015
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The proper ink cartridges for the MG6620 model are the following:
PGI-250XLBK
CLI-251XLBK
CLI-251XLC
CLI-251XLM
CLI-251XLY
CLI-251XLGY
If your cartridges are not working with your printer, and are labeled 'compatible' or 'Canon compatible', then they don't work, reasonably enough. The 'compatible' ones don't always work with the printers they claim will work with it.
What 'number' are the cartridges? do they fit into their place in the printer or not?
Hi Russell,
Thanks for your response. I have to get new cartridges and will do so; however, do you know where I can get the book of instructions re: the printer that came with the printer. I have no info at all about this printer. Thanks in advance for your continued help.
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX
I have decided not to call you.
The instructions, or User Guide, or Owner's Manual, is distributed free of charge online at
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mg6620#BrochuresAndManuals
and you would need either the PDF User Manual for Windows, or perhaps the PDF User Manual for Apple computer.
Either one can be viewed, once it is downloaded and saved to your computer's hard disk, in a PDF viewer such as FoxIt for Windows.
I hope that helps with the problems. And if this completes the case as far as you are concerned, please rate my Answer - or Reply stating how you would rate my work on your question and its answers. Thanks.
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech