Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I only get 6 patterns printed on on my Epson 3800 Stylus Pro

Customer Question
when I do a nozzel...
I only get 6 patterns printed on on my Epson 3800 Stylus Pro when I do a nozzel check. I also need a step by step rundown on printing out an image from my MAC OX 10.4.11. The images lack a full color range and all the cartridges are full.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
8/13/2015
Technician: MasterFixIt, Technician replied 2 years ago
MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician

Hi, I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.

Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.

How old is your printer?

Also has it always preformed this way?

Thank you

Tech Michael

My printer is 7 years old. Ontil very recently is has not only done good ink jet prints, but negatives on Pictorico for making Platinum prints. I don't understand why it's only show 6 out of 9 ink patterns when I Nozzle Check, and I really need a brush-up on exactly how to go from my final photoshopped image to a good print.Thank you,Lear Levin
I want to know exactly what Color settings to use, how to assign the profile, how to convert to profile and then all that I must do once I hit Print.I hope that it will all come together.Lear
I am going to be awake for 2 and a half more hours. Will I hear from you tonight or will it be tomorrow? I really need to get my printer to go to work.Lear
Michael,
I am standing by at my computer & Printer and would like to try and solve my problems. Are you on duty and ready?
Lear
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

Have you done the automatic cleaning routines?

I've done them several times including the Maintenance procedure. I jut don't understand why I get only 6 color patterns.
I've also extracted each ink cartridge and re-entered them into their compartments.
What next? I would really like to get this solved.
How long do I have to wait? I need this printer to get online or get it to a repair shop, ASAP.Lear

Do you mean that you are only seeing 6 of 9 nozzles working ? If so that would mean a bad or clogged printhead

Do I have to take the printer to a repair place or is there any way that I can remedy the problems myself?

Nothing easy. The printhead is not easily removable. And probably costs more than a new printer to replace

The only solutions are to switch it to using refillable ink tanks and then flush cleaning solution through them forcing it through the inkjets to clean them.

There are several kits available to do it but I don't know that it's worth it on a 7 year old printer

if my next step to to take the printer in for a professional cleaning, I would still like to have you take me step by step in detail through the entire procedure for printing my photoshopped files. Including proper settings for selecting Color in Levels, Color Settings, Assigning Profile (Epson Premium lossy Paper) Converting to Profile, Printer Setting, Formating, and all the necessary adjustments for issuing a finished print (whether to turn off color controls, etc, etc.Please let me know if this will be possible.Thank You,Lear

I could try but tbh if you do this professionally you probably know more about the proper print setting than I do. I concentrate on making sure they work. How to get the prints looking their best I usually leave to the users unless their is a major problem

Generally you want to let Photoshop handle the color management rather than the printer driver

Robert M., Consultant