Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have installed a new CLX-3305FW Samsung laser printer.

Customer Question
While I can copy a...
I have installed a new CLX-3305FW Samsung laser printer. While I can copy a document in colour, I cannot print a document from my laptop files in colour. It prints black and white! I have turned the ECHO button off.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
8/11/2015
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 2 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What version of windows or mac is on the computer? Is the copy lighter than usual?
.
Hullo Freddy. I am using Windows 8. The black print is the same as it always was - nice strong black - but the part that is supposed to be colour is quite faint. Craig.
Thank you I actually meant the color, it is faint on the copy? That would be a bad sign. Have you recently replaced anything? Is the color low?
.
Hi Freddy. There is no colour at all when I print a document from my desk top which is in colour.
I have just installed a brand new Samsung CLX-3305FW laser printer. All of the toner cartridges are new (Samsung brand and not generic). I used to have the same printer but had to begin replacing parts which got to be very expensive so I bought a new one of the same model. When I give the "print" instruction it recognises the new printer - but no colour!!As I said, when I copy a colour document it comes out fine. It is only when I print something which should be in colour that there is no colour at all.Craig
You did not say it was fine when you copied before you said it came out faded. Which is it? It sounds like you may need a new drum which is consumable just like the toner. That would not be the case however if copies come out properly and not faint.
.
Perhaps you do not understand me.1. It is a brand new printer bought from Samsung.
2.
It being brand new does not change anything, new machines do sometimes come with defective parts including consumables like toner and drums. You're number 2 was blank so I am not sure what you were going to post there. The only thing it being new has to do with is that Samsung may send you a new drum (consumables are not usually under warranty). I still need you to clarify if copies are faint or not though.
.
I do not seem to have time to complete my answer to you before it just submits. So let me try again.1. All of the toner cartridges are brand new.
2. If it copies in colour perfectly then why can it not print in colour? I do not understand!
3. If it is a part that has gone wrong or is faulty then I must take it back to the purchase point and let them sort it out.
4. But what I do not understand is why it copies in colour (which suggests that all of the colour toner cartridges are working perfectly well) then why does it not print in colour?
You have told me both that is copies color faint and properly. I am going to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Technician: MasterFixIt, Technician replied 2 years ago
MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician

Hi different expert here.

this sounds like a problem with the printer itself not your laptop.

It is always possible the laptop is at fault for one or more reasons. But this really sounds like the printer in this case. If you can I would exchange the printer for new one of the same model#.

I will stick with you until this solved for sure.

But first if you can make an exchange;-)

Since this may take some time, please rate my service thus far kindly and we can remain together at no additional cost. Also there is no additional cost to rate.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael

Thank you - I will exchange it tomorrow and let you know the outcome.It is difficult to rate your service as I have paid R340.00 up front and am nowhere closer to a solution. It is quite apparent that Freddy did not even begin to understand my problem. So, for Freddy's information let me try againIt is a multifunction laser colour printer. Therefor it can copy documents, fax documents and scan documents directly from the top of the printer itself. All of these get done in colour perfectly. Yet when I try and print a document in colour directly from my laptop it does not reproduce the colour. The black ink is strong and clear. Where there should be colour is faint.I shall endeavour to replace it tomorrow.RegardsCraigRegardsCraig

Hi Craig, the rating wont cost you anything.

You have already paid for the assistance , all that really does these days is keep your question open and keeps us able to work together. I know my stuff when it comes to electronics and printers specifically 35 years as a hands on tech makes me an expert her with Just Answer for over 7 years lol;-)

I am here to help you save money and grief, please rate kindly at this time. it also is the only way I am compensated for my time with you until we are done.

I am sure the new printer will solve the issue and I will still be here for you if for any reason it still gives trouble.

Thank you and have a nice day Craig!

Tech Michael

Shortly after my last exchange with you, a friend happened to visit. When I told him what my problem was and the exchange I was having with Justanswer, she immediately went to my laptop, gave it the instruction to print, went to Printer Properties and changed the printing instruction. I am printing perfectly in colour.Neither of you came anywhere near to this solution, suggesting that there was a fault with the printer!So, I believe that I am due a refund of the R340.00 I paid as, if I had followed your suggestion of exchanging it, I would have followed a laborious and fruitless process which could well have taken days to resolve.Sorry, but my rating of your service is 4 stars for prompt response and service but 0 stars for resolution.RegardsCraig

Hi Craig I understand. Usually the setting wont be the cause but in this case it was. I'm happy you did resolve the issue;-)

MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician