VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

We have a Canon printer. We just purchased a new computer,

Customer Question

Good Morning,
We have a Canon printer. We just purchased a new computer, an iMac 21.5. When we try to print something from our new computer we get this message: "You need to install software to us...the manufacturer of your printer". How do we do that? Previously, this printer was also connected to an iMac (an older model).
Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide.
Michael
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for you support needs. I am sorry for the issue that you are having.. To further assist you, I need to know the Make and Model of the Printer in question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Canon PIXMA iP4300

What version of OS X are you using Sir or Madame?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure what you mean by version? Do you mean 2.7GHz quad -core Intel Core i5 with 4MB L3cache (Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz) ?Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Version 10.10: "Yosemite"

Ok, instructions are on the way...

Ok, please follow the link;

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_ip_series/pixma_ip4300#DriversAndSoftware

Make sure that the OS X 10.10 is selected, if not you can manually do so. Then, download and install it.

Chime in and let me know of your results...