Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Konica 7022. The output image is shifted approximately 1/4"

Customer Question
Konica 7022. The output...
Konica 7022. The output image is shifted approximately 1/4" vertically from the original. Is there an adjustment to get it back so that the copies are in the same position on the page as the original?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/8/2015
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.

Is this problem happening when printing from one particular application or all of them?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

Standard copying, from sheetfeeder or platen.
Has it always been this way or is this a new problem?
It is a relatively new problem, withing the last year.
In this case, some setting or value is causing the problem. In this case, the best thing to do is to factory reset the Konica.
From the main screen, you can locate the Factory Defaults / Reset option in the settings menu. If you are asked for the password, enter the password. The default password *****: sysadm
After that reset is complete, all should be set.
I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not that fixed the problem.
I hope to hear back that copying is centered on all sides.
I will be standing by,
Jason
What do you mean by "main screen?" The screen that shows up when the machine is turned on is titled "setting" but only includes "Mode, Density, Lens and Size", nothing about "Factory Defaults/Reset"

To reset memory to factory defaults, perform the following:
1. Enter the 25 mode (power the machine ON, while pressing the 2 and 5 keys).
2. Select Software SW.
3. Using the up/down arrows, scroll to address 3-4 (All Memory Reset).
4. Select OFF.
5. Power the machine OFF.
6. Enter the 47 mode (turn the machine ON, while pressing the 4 and 7 keys).
7. Enter 9, 2, press the START key, press the STOP/CLEAR key.
8. Enter 0, 9, 6, press the START key, press the STOP/CLEAR key.
9. Enter 0, 9, 3, and press the START key.
10. Power the machine OFF/ON.

Now the screen says "Please adjust L detection" and will not make copies.

Run L Detect. It is in 36 mode.
Get into 36 mode by holding down 3 and 6 and powering on the machine.

From 36 Mode, Option 1 "HV Adjustment" page 7/8 "HV Adj. (L Detection Adj.)" Press Start? Then what?

Press Start and allow it to complete.

Result = 0005, L detection = 255. Press Return then cycle off/on?

Yes, that is correct.

Please adjust L detection" shows on the screen, and it will not make copies. Before I contacted you my photocopier worked, with a shifted image. Now it doesn't function at all.
Please, repeat the last set of instructions. After you press return, what occurs?
It goes back to the 36 options menu. 1. HV Adjustment, 2. Timing Adj., 3. Running Mode, etc.
What are the rest of the options?
4. Test Pattern 5. Density Adj. 6. Image Quality Adj. 7. List Print 8. Counter Clear 9. RADF Adj.
Please, turn the printer off and on once more to test.
Off, wait 10 seconds, on. Same result - "Please adjust L detection"

If the L-detect adjustment [RESULT] value is outside of the 60-75 range, than the TDS (toner density sensor) should be checked.

Is that a setting I can check or am I screwed until I can get a technician to come to my office?

I am sorry, but as far as the sensor goes, you may need to wait for eyes and hands of a technician.

You do realize that before we started this conversation I didn't have a TDS issue. In fact I had a fully functional photocopier in need of what I believed was a minor adjustment. Now my company is dead in the water as it relates to copying until I can pay a tech to fix a problem I didn't have 2 hours ago, which will probably be Tues/Wed. As a last ditch effort, can you send me a list of what the Mode 25 Software SW settings should be? Also, when following your instructions in the 47 mode, there was no visible effect when pushing the START and STOP/CLEAR keys, just a change in the display when the next numbers were entered. Could the numbers entered have changed an adjustment?

I am sorry, but at this point there is not anything else that can be done, as far as I know. To expedite this fix, I will opt out and allow another person to work with you. Someone else may have more insight than I.

Oh.
When can I expect that Technician to pick up the thread?
I assume that I will not be charged for the previous "service". Correct?
Technician: Michael Hannigan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician

Hello. My name is***** can provide you with additional assistance. In the interest of time what I am going to do is attach the service manual for you. This has all the settings in it. If you have questions about any of them or need help navigating this manual, please let me know and I will help you as much as I possibly can.

I just uploaded the file to my one drive because it was too big to upload here. Here's a link to it.

http://bitli.es/jrhqlY

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician