Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

How to calibrate my printer canon LBP5050

Customer Question
how to calibrate my printer canon LBP5050
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
8/4/2015
Technician: Thomas, Technician replied 2 years ago
Thomas
Thomas, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!

When you say that you want to calibrate your Canon printer, what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

my printer suddently came out of order color. so want to make it in order again. I understand that we can calibrate the printer to make the printer print the correct color
I've tried to calibrate using the option given at the printer's properties but I did it for so many times, its still cannot calibrate and the printer came out "out of register color". Please help me
Attached herewith the file how I calibrate my printer

If it will not calibrate, sounds like a dirty calibration sensor. This can happen in machines that are older or are used heavily. CLICK HERE for an image showing the sensors.

SR10 and SR11 are the color calibration sensors. If either or both are not completely clean, color calibration will be off to some degree.

These two sensors appear to be located on the transfer belt in the image above. This is not the case. The two sensors look down onto the transfer belt. Clean them with a cotton swab and see if it will calibrate correctly.

Hi Thomas, thanks for your respond.
My problem now how do I look at to the sensor that you mentioned. is it inside the printer?

Are you familiar and comfortable with opening the printer? If not you may pass it along to a local repair office, or contact Canon.

John, Computer Science Engineer