Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a Pr0 901. I tried to print a document and the

Customer Question
I have a Pr0 901...
I have a Pr0 901. I tried to print a document and the printer hangs. When I try to cancel it says in properties "cancelling but does not cancel. What can I do to fix this problem. BTW I have an HP officejet connected as well that works fine..
What can you suggest.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
8/3/2015
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 2 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Click on start and in the search type in services.msc then press enter.
A window will open up.
In that windows find print spooler on the right side.
It may be hard to find but will be there or you would not have a que.
Double click on it and in the window that opens click on stop.
Wait 60 seconds then in that same window click on start.
Now test the printer and see what happens.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Where do I find the search dialog. When I click
on start and in the search box type in services.msc I see 'services.msc then press enter I don't see 'print spooler'.
Do I have to pay more for a live phone call?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
After typing in services.msc and pressing enter a new window will open that looks like this:
http://cdn.techgenix.com/media/upls/image002_14.jpg
If it did not hold the windows key between CTRL and ALT on the left side of the keyboard.
While holding it down tap R. A run box will open type in services.msc and click on ok.
In that window that comes up find print spooler on the right side.
.
Freddy,
That worked but the next time I tried to print on the Lexmark the same problem occurred. Remember I have an HP printer connected as well. I do this so so I can choose either printer. The problem doe not occur when I print to the HP. Why doe the Lexmark print job keep going to the spooler? It's not usable this way.
It should not have happened again, was it the same job that got stuck? If it was can you test something else instead for me? A different program would be best.
.
I did try it using another print job from another program (Word first and the Wordpad). Same problem.
Ok that would be an install issue then.
Click on the windows start button and in the search box type printers and press enter.
(if there is not search box click on control panel and then printers)
Right click on your machine and any copies of it and click on delete.
Then disconnect the cable connecting it to the computer.
(if using a cable if not skip any cable steps)
You will need to restart the computer, you can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top of the page.
Restart the computer and reinstall the printer.
Only connect the usb cable when the computers asks you to or when the installation is finished.
Do not test the machine yet instead restart the computer again and then test it.
.
Freddie, I deleted the printer but couldn't find a driver for it (Lexmark Pro 901). Not sure what to do.
Is it 32 or 64bit windows 7? If your not sure click on start then right click computer and click properties. The window that opens will say which you have.
.
I can not call you and am going to need to send you a link for the driver which can not be done over the phone. So please let me know Is it 32 or 64bit windows 7? If you're not sure click on start then right click computer and click properties. The window that opens will say which you have.
.
It's 64 bit
Here is a copy of the driver:
http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=downloadFile&actp=CONTENT&productCode=LEXMARK_PINNACLE_PRO901&id=DR16121&segment=SUPPORT&userlocale=EN&locale=en&oslocale=en_US&osVendor=MICROSOFT&osCats=Windows+7+%2864-bit%29%2C+%3Cwbr%3EWindows+8+%2864-bit%29%2C+%3Cwbr%3EWindows+Vista+%2864-bit%29%2C+%3Cwbr%3EWindows+XP+Professional+%2864-bit%29
.
Freddy,
Thanks for following up. Here's the deal. m\I am trying to use 2 serially connected printers. Each at a different time. My HP Pinnacle pro901 works fine. My Lexmark Pro 901 keeps throwing the job to the spooler. If I restart the Lex - sometimes it starts after I close the spooler service and then reopen it but subsequent printing jobs then go the to the spooler. I need to be able to use either printer.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 2 years ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will help you with this.
Was this Lexmark printer working fine previously on this computer?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you
The Lexmark previously worked as an independent singly connected printer by USB. The goal here is for me to have 2 USB printers connected to my desktop machine and allow me to choose at print time which to use.
Thanks.
You're welcome. If you test singly connecting the Lexmark printer by USB, does it work fine? Please let me know. Thank you.
It doesn't work correctly. It used to but now it doesn't work singly as a USB device.
You are welcome to work remotely. The next time I am available is tomorrow- Sunday 8/9/15 eastern US time.
Can we try tomorrow evening? If not, then next week. Thank you.
Tonight Sunday at 8pm eastern is OK for me. Please confirm. My LL is(###) ###-####
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician