Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I am unable to use my Epson printer as will not connect with

Customer Question
my Mac Book. I...
I am unable to use my Epson printer as will not connect with my Mac Book. I have had this printer for over a year and never have had this problem which seems to have come out of the blue. I have ebooted everything at least 3 times to no avail. The series number is ***** 2540. I only use it to print, copy and scan and the fax option has been dismantled as it was interfering with my voice mail. The computer guru who checks my computer and installed this printer had me dismantle the fax. I have never used it and as I live in an area with very frequent electrical storms, he felt this must have created the phone problem and sent my messages to the fax. Thank you.
Joan Iler
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
7/30/2015
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 2 years ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message when printing?
Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is it wireless?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Wireless
What's the status of the Wi-Fi/wireless light / icon on the printer?
Are you still able to make a copy on the printer's glass (not print from the computer? Thank you.
There is not light icon on this printer. Under the light at the left hand of the copy, fax ,copy column there are the letters WiFi and the ethernet below this. The only light is the green one which indicates the printer has power.
Yes, I can copy on the printer's glass.
Thank you. Please try the following fix:
1. If you have not done yet, please disconnect the power cord from the internet/wireless modem/router device for a few minutes, then reconnect.
, and turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from it for a minute, then reconnect, then turn on, and wait a bit, then check printing.
2. If that does not work, on the printer, press the Wi-Fi Setup button on the printer, then go to the option "Wi-Fi Setup Wizard", then select / connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name, and make sure it is able to connect, then check printing.
Full instructions / illustrations:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=209708&prodoid=63095161&foid=227755&cat=237989&subcat=238002
Also, video instructions:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportShowVideo.jsp?UseCookie=yes&oid=209708&void=222070
3. If that still does not work, go to Apple logo / menu, then click on System Preferences
, then open Print & Fax (or Printers & Scanners)
, then select your Epson printer there, then click on the - (minus) button at the bottom left and remove it for now
, then click on the + (plus) button at the bottom left, and it should detect your wireless Epson printer, then add it
, then check printing.
Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician