Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My HP 2543 All-in-one stopped printing my bank and credit card

Customer Question

My HP 2543 All-in-one stopped printing my bank and credit card statements completely. I get only logo and lines. It worked at first but suddently stopped.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Are you experiencing this issues with bank statements only? Are you able to print other files from internet or Word? Please try printing pdf files and let me know the response. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My printer prints only the logo of the bank and blank lines where the account names should show on my bank statement. My credit card statements show the logo and is pretty much blank where the charges are. I can print my regular e-mails and discount coupons that are received in my e-mail account. I am able to print the proof of payment statement completely from my credit card bank.
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Please check if you get an option to print as image. Choose File > Print, and then click Advanced. Then, select Print as Image. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not quite sure what you are asking me. There are certain times that I have the option to see a preview to what I want to print. I do have that option when printing my bank statement. The preview shows the entire statement but when it is printed it still only prints the logo and blank lines. I also forgot to tell you before that when printing the dpf the printout had a very light print of certain areas but nothing in the main info area.
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, While printing PDF files, you will get an options to print as image. Please check the link below.https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/quick-fix-print-pdf-image.html Check if you get the same option with printing bank statements too. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was able to get a light copy of the dpf using the image option. There is no such option when printing my bank statement. As I said before, I do have the option of seeing a preview of the statement but, although I see it completely, the printout is only the logo of the bank and blank lines where the info should be....much the same as on my charge account printout. Since the printer worked fine when it was first installed, I don`t know of anything that changed to make the problem now. I would talk to you on the phone but have a hearing problem.
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Have you tried updating Adobe reader/Acrobat that you have on your computer? Please let me know the version of Adobe reader and operating system you are using, so that I can assist you further. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have Adobe reader 9
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Please download and install the latest version from the link below.https://get.adobe.com/reader/ After installing it, restart the computer and try printing again. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I update to Adobe 10, printed another bank statement, no change
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, We will try reinstalling the printer. May I know the operating system you are using? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did that yesterday with no improvement but you can try it again if you think that you might be able to do better. I am running Windows Vista.
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Do you know the format or file type (E.g. doc, pdf) of the bank statement? Have you tried to save the document to your computer and tried printing? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry that I don`t know much about technical things so guess I am not much help. I don`t know what format or file the bank uses. I do know that it is not a pdf. It is nothing that I have to download first before I can print it. They have a print button in order to print our statements or I can right click it and have a few more options in order to print it. That is where I get the option to preview it before printing. I do not see any option for saving it to my computer. I have never had a problem before and, in my humble opinion, something in my printer has changed. I think that I should get in contact with HP directly. Sorry that I have taken up your time.
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. However, which browser you are using to view the bank statements? Is it Internet explore? Have you tried Google Chrome or firefox? Check if the issue persists with Chrome or Firefox. The issue does not seem to be with the printer. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I usually use Internet Explorer. I did as you suggested and used Google Chrome, printed my bank statement and had the same results. I got blank lines where my information should be.
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Please try reinstalling the printer driver. Download and install the latest driver from the link below.http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Deskjet-2540-All-in-One-Printer-series/5295960/model/5385257#Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA30R1 Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick ResolutionWould you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $30 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote". Thank you.S H E F I N