John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

HelloWe have at our Epson GS6000 all parts changed the error

Customer Question

hello
We have at our Epson GS6000 all parts changed the error messages in 1133 , 1135 and 1136. But the problem is not solved . Do you have any idea why these false error messages appear and what to do next?
many thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Why do you think they are false errors?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Freddy, thanks for your answerBecause the parts that cause these error messages have been all replaced .Here the errors and what we have done :Code 1133 = CR MOTOR in position time-out error
The CR MOTOR cannot be driven normally.
Remedy Clean the CR ENC SCALE. Replace the CR MOTOR.Code 1135 = CR ENC ASSY check error
The CR ENC ASSY signals have a defect.
Remedy Check whether the CR ENC ASSY is properly connected. Check whether the CR MOTOR is properly connected. Replace the CR ENC ASSY . Replace the CR MOTOR .Code 1136 = CR MOTOR step-out error
The CR MOTOR is out of step.
Remedy Clean the CR ENC SCALE. Check whether the CR HP SENSOR is properly connected. Check whether the CR HP SENSOR is correctly installed. Replace the CR HP SENSOR.It should work all again , because everything was done and replaced
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
You never got an 1125, 1137, 1225 or something like 1900 for an error?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No only paper jam error ( but rarely ) even though no paper jams
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
When that happened did it give a number? Was it actually jamming or was it a false error? If it actually jammed where in the machine did it jam?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, there was no error number, it showed on the display, "Paper Jam" on. Also this error message was wrong, there was no paper jam
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts because what you are describing suggests a failing board to me but I am unsure which board. If I think of anything else I will opt back in and let you know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK Freddy, but Thanks anyway
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
It seems no one else has replied so I will continue with you. I am not sure which board it is but do know how we can find out. Do you have a multimeter available? Do you know how to get to the boards? This may be something you want to have a technician do if you have never done it before.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Freddy
Thank you for your information. Yes, I have a multimeter, but do not know how can I get the boards. Can you describe it to me or send pictures?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately that is why I mentioned you may want a technician. If you have never done it before you can damage the machine even further. Here is a copy of the service manual:
http://www.costarelli.it/supporto/manuali/Epson%20GS6000/SP_GS6000E_F.pdf
Chapter 4 has complete disassemble instructions including images and diagrams. Go very slow and if you get frustrated for any reason take a break. Some things like the ribbon cables can be sensitive.
Once you get to the main board on page 110 test the capacitors with the multimeter. You would want to test them from the solder points on the bottom of the board. What they should read will be printed on the caps themselves.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello FreddyThank you for your answer. Could you tell me which solder points I have to test?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You would want to test all caps on the board from the solder point on the underside of the board itself.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Should I test if one of them is damaged or do I have to test certain electrical voltages? If so, I would need the block writing diagrams...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I found the diagrams on page 258, but there are no numerical informations.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The voltage/readings should be written on the caps themselves.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Should I test the solder points only on the main board?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
For now yes. In the off chance they all come back as good after testing we would want to test the other boards as well.
.