Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I received an error message B200 on my ink jet Pixma MG5320.What

Customer Question
I received an error message...
I received an error message B200 on my ink jet Pixma MG5320.
What does that mean? What should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
7/20/2015
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Engineer
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Unfortunately this B200 error indicates a hardware problem,specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2011 model printer, it is at/past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising. There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault. While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
I have found an alleged new same printer from Office Depot which I have ordered for $150. It's back ordered according to the website. Do you know if the model is in fact still made and sold?
This model is no longer made, it was made only in 2011. I would not order this same model, and certainly would not do so at double the price you could buy a current model for.They likely just have old stock, but if it is showing backordered they almost certainly don't actually have it and are not able to get it either. The only way it would be worth buying this model at that price is if you had more than $100 worth of ink for it that you wanted to use up. Even if that was the case youd' be better off buying the head http://amzn.to/1RKCIvf Personally, I'd recommend investing in a new machine at this point. If looking for a replacement, I’d recommend any of the Epson workforce series printers. They tend to be very reliable, are easy to set up and use, have good print quality, and reasonably priced ink. Example: http://amzn.to/1F4fCYC
Nathan, Engineer