Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have a brother business smart series printer and I keep getting

Customer Question

I have a brother business smart series printer and I keep getting a paper jam error. I opened all the trays and doors and there is no paper anywhere in the machine. I unplugged the machine, plugged it back in and I am still getting the same error
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Please power off the printer once more and then try to move the cartridges with you hand then, let me know if you are able to do so or not ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can take out ink cartridges but cannot get to printer head
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Just open the top cover and then try to slide the cartridges to the center and let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was able to move it
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Thanks now turn on the printer and let me know, if the cartridges move back to the resting position, automatically or not ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for trying that, the problem you are facing can be caused due to few reasons, like real paper jam, cartridge jam or sensor problem. Now, as you can see there are no paper jam and the cartridges can move freely, it clearly indicates that the problem is with the sensor, which detect the paper jam. Sensor are non-user replaceable parts, it means the end user cannot replace it at home, so in that case you have to repair the printer, I never recommend the customer repairing the printer at home because, it is impossible for an end user to get the defective spare from any shop. If the printer is less than one year old then, you can get it replaced from Brother free of cost. If you can get the spare at any shop then, I can help you to find a service manual, with the help of that, you will be able to dismantle the printer and replace the sensor. Please let me know, what you want to do ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can try and find the part of you can find a service manual for me
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
OK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
I will need sometime to find the manual, can I reply you tomorrow ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that's fine
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** try my level best to find the manual. As it is very difficult to get the manual for some models.