John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Brother HL-2140

Customer Question

I have a Brother HL-2140 that I have had for several years and it is wonderful. Suddenly today I cannot print...get the red error light. Since I have had it for years I am familiar with clearing a jam, etc. There is nothing clogging the machine. I have turned it on and off several times and I am stumped. What could be the problem?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Is only the Error light showing red? Does it also blink? Please click on the website below for illustrations:
http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl2140_all&ftype3=1968&faqid=faq00000170_017
Was there any change recently to your printer that may have caused the issue? Besides checking for paper jam, did you try anything else?
Also, do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have fixed the printer and sent an email telling your service to disregard my request. Thank you.
Great. Unless you need help with any other electronics or computer issue today, I will cancel this. Thank you for the update.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please cancel. Sorry for the confusion.
No problem. If you need help with anything else in the future, please come back any time. Thank you.