Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have just put a new ink cartridge in and the print is very

Customer Question

I have just put a new ink cartridge in and the print is very light and broken--unable to read. I can't figure out how to get to the cleaning mode--This is a Brother MFC-255CW
Thanks
Lois Sacher
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Please try the following and let me know the response.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.
If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!
Thank you!
S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
while Stefin's answer was appropriate, I had meanwhile contacted a techy friend of mine who resolved my problem. I do not wish to continue this process with you and am now cancelling my request and do not want any further communication from you. I do not expect to be billed for any services. Thank you. Lois Sacher
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. Thank you.S H E F I N