Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a Apple Mac OS and a Canon LBP5050N printer. Printer

Customer Question

I have a Apple Mac OS and a Canon LBP5050N printer. Printer worked ok when plugged direct into modem, but i have moved and this is now not possible. Can I plug printer into computer, as I cant get it to work??
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with your printer.
you can directly connect the printer to the computer using a usb cable and after that power on the printer and follow the steps given below to install the printer driver.
If you find any problem feel free to reply back i will be glad to assist you further.
press the Apple menu and Choose System Preferences
Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) from the View menu.
Hold down the Option key on your keyboard while clicking the "-" (minus sign that you see on the print & fax window, along with a + sign) button. Then, choose Reset Printing System.
in case there is no printers in the list then , hold down the Control key while clicking in the box that appears above the "+" (plus sign that you see on the print & fax window, and not on the keyboard) button, then choose Reset printing system… from the contextual menu.
After that click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & fax window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
direct driver download link: http://tinyurl.com/ogawggf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please cancel phone call, and abandon enquiry, as I am not satisfied you can help me. Thanks
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Phone call and remote support is an additional offer as an option provided to you however if you do not want additional service you can simply deny and continue with the question answer session which you have opted for.
Let me know if you have tried the steps i gave.