Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I installed ml-2525w on my laptop, but I cannot print, getting

Customer Question

I installed ml-2525w on my laptop, but I cannot print, getting message out of paper, on the laptop. On the mac that can print, I do not see my job in the queue
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Does the Mac computer print at all? if so, you shouldn't see any but very large print jobs in the queue for long enough to look for them.
What is the Windows version on your laptop, please?
Is the printer connected to the laptop by wireless or wired network link? or is it directly connected by a USB cable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the printer is connected to the Mac by wireless and it is shared. Printing from the Mac works. I had the samsung installed on my old laptop and it worked. I cannot make it work on this new one, running windows 7 (Enterprise, service pack 1)
What version of Windows was on the old laptop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the printer is connected to the Mac by wireless and it is shared. Printing from the Mac works. I had the samsung installed on my old laptop and it worked. I cannot make it work on this new one, running windows 7 (Enterprise, service pack 1Windows 7 I believe
When you say the printer is 'shared', I need to know the details before advising you, so please tell me, is it directly connected to any computer, and marked on that computer as shared? or is it simply common-access to all computers, by its wireless link and capability?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Russell, if by directly you mean a wired,physical connection, then the answer is no, the printer is not directly connected to any computer. On the MAC, the printer is marked as shared.
I see, and thanks for the explanation and info. What Windows version was on the old laptop that the printing worked with? And, what System Type is listed (it should be either 32-bit or 64-bit) inControl Panel - System and Security - System?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I believe the old laptop had Windows 7 as well
The system type on my current laptop is 64-bit
Thanks.
If the only problem on the new laptop, is the Out Of Paper message, then I advise you to check the driver settings on the new laptop, for the printer. It may be that you have selected the wrong Paper Source, or Tray, etc. sort of setting. Compare to the setting on your Mac that *does* print to the Samsung printer successfully, and go according to that one's specification of paper size and Tray or Paper Tray or Paper Source etc.
(If a wrong Paper Source is selected to print to, and that tray or source is empty, then you will get an Out Of Paper message, referencing that tray or source only, not the printer as a whole.)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Russell, I was away for a few days, an I am eating again for a week I followed your advice, but I am still not able to print.
I have forgotten about this case, due to the long interval since the last postings to it, but on review, I think it would be best to say: would you be willing to try an uninstall and a reinstall of the drivers for the printer in question, on the Windows 7 laptop? If so, I will give you instructions as to what to do, step by step.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sure, absolutely, I just will not be able to start the re-install until I am back on the 30th. Thanks, Wendy
That's good, actually - I'm overloaded with business and concerns, so that gives me a little time. Thanks for letting me know.
First, disconnect the printer, turn it off and unplug it from the power. Leave it that way throughout the following, until you are instructed to connect it up again by the installation software routine (or, at least, by that routine having completely ended and finished and exited etc.) So: turn off, unplug, unplug your printer. Then, reboot your computer: shut it down and start it up again. Then, go tohttp://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/ML-2525W/XAA and download the "Universal Print Driver (Driver) ver.V2.50.06.00:03 - Win 2000/XP/2003/2008/Vista/Win 7/Win 8(32/64bit)," and wait for the download to complete and Save To file on your hard disk. Then locate the downloaded installer file, double-click on it to start the install routine, and install the drivers etc. That should do it. If there is any problem at any point, feel free to stop short and Reply to me and I'll try to help you through the difficulty.