Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have an all in one canon mx310 that printed just fine with

Customer Question

I have an all in one canon mx310 that printed just fine with the new cartridges then all of a sudden one day it said an error like there wasnt a cratridge in when there was
the alarm button keep flashing orange
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Please try the following and let me know the response. Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there. Also. make sure that you have enough ink on all the cartridges. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried what you said. After installing it still is saying a print cartridge cannot be recognized for both black and color. both are seated properly. There was a little bit of ink on print heads, not much.

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

Have you tried cleaning the printhead using the printer control panel?

Thank you.
S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it will not allow me to clean or execute any commands from control panel because it is not recognizing there are print cartridges in the printer

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

I would suggest you try cleaning one more time. Clean the printhead properly. If the issue persists, the issue is with the printhead and you may have to get the printer repaired.

If so, please contact a local printer repair shop, check the printer and if it needs repair, please ask for the cost of the repair. And only if it is worthy, please get it repaired.

Unfortunately, except for business-grade workgroup printers, few modern printers are repairable, and fewer are worth repairing.

Most printers are now manufactured to a "replace not repair" standard. To understand why this is the case, consider the cold, hard, real-world cost of repairing a printer.

I apologize for the bad news. However, this is the honest answer I can give.

Thank you.
S H E F I N