John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My brother printer (hooked up to a laptop) will not print.

Customer Question

My brother printer (hooked up to a laptop) will not print. The laptop recognizes the printer but the harddrive memory is really full. Could that be a problem?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
What is the error you're getting when you send the print? and how is the printer connected (wireless or wired)?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $39 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The light flashes on the printer, but nothing happens. The printer is wired to the laptop.
What does it shows in the printer que?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The light flashes on the printer, but nothing happens. The printer is wired to the laptop.The document shows in the printer que but doesn't print.
I understand, but what is the status of the document in the printer que?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no status noted other than it is in the que, and if I send it again, it lists it in the gue again.
Can you send me a screen shot of the printer que?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not at this time. I will have to get back to you when I have access to the laptop. Thank you.
You're Welcome. Let me know when you have access to it. Thanks