Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a cannon pixma MX922 printer. It has suddenly stopped…

Customer Question
I have a cannon...
I have a cannon pixma MX922 printer. It has suddenly stopped accepting 4x6 paper when loaded into the upper carriage, printer settings are set for 4x6 photo paper
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
7/2/2015
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 3 years ago
Sudipto, Engineer
Thank You!! for posting your Question.My name is ***** ***** today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.
Do you get any error message on the printer or PC ?
yes, the display screen on the printer says no paper in upper cassette, and ! caution light is on printer console, on computer display shows how to load paper, I do it over and over adjusting the paper in the cassette and still get paper out message
This problem can happen, is the paper source is not selected correctly, can you check and make sure, if the paper source is correct or not ?
paper source is correctly identified as upper cassette, only difference I see is when I look at picture on screen, if my bottom guide is all the way up, the top of the paper is not touching the top of the tray
Can you push the paper up with your hand ?
yes, but it still gives the same error message
Do you have just bought these papers or you are using this same paper lot , because it seems the paper is smaller than the size mentioned.
Same lot, just switched to brand new cannon, trying now, it fits the same way in the printer tray, giving me same message
The bottom edge is stopped from going further by a small knob in the track
Can you print on normal paper ?
yes, other than this problem the printer is perfect
Do you have a 5X7 photo paper ?
test
Are you able to print on the 5X7 paper ?
no
So you are facing the same problem with 4X6 and 5X7 sizes ?
no, I do not have 5x7
have you responded and I missed it
5X7 paper comes in full page, 2 per page and that works.
Thanks for the information. As the printer is new and as you are an experienced user and using photo papers for a long time, I don't think, you are doing anything wrong. Now, this problem can only caused due to two things, one if the guide is not working properly or two, if the printer is unable to grab the paper due to some mechanical problem. As the printer is new, I will not recommend you to change or try to repair anything on it, as it will void the warranty, I can only recommend you to check for any blockage, which can block the movement of the guide or if that is not the issue then, replace the printer from the store asap.