Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have a Cannon MX432 printer. I want to connect it to Wi

Customer Question

I have a Cannon MX432 printer. I want to connect it to Wi Fi. It tells me to push the WPS button for 5 seconds then press ok. Where is the WPS button. What is a WPS button?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
What is the brand/model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?
- Can you press the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button on your internet/wireless modem/router device?
- If that does not work, when the printer tells you to press the WPS button, can you press the Stop (Reset) button on the printer, then follow the instructions on the printer's screen in order to select / connect to your Wi-Fi/wireless network name?
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,