Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Freddy, ***** with Superior Copiers

Customer Question

Hi Freddy, My name is David ******** with Superior Copiers in West Palm Beach Fl. I am working on 2 HP DesingJet z3200's 24" and one has an eroor code of 21:13 and the other is stating that the cartridges are expired. I know it says you can override the Cartridge message, but how? And what about the 21:13 error?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
If you are sure the service station is ok (the error means service station has failed) then PrintMech PCA (part number Q6675-60018) needs to be replaced. As for the expired cartridges error you can not over ride that, you can over ride incompatible errors which I do not recommend but not expiration errors. The expiration is read by a chip. That is something HP has stopped doing with their newest machines as ink should not have an expiration date and I believe a lot of people complained about it to them. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why does the manual say you CAN override that error message then?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It shouldn't it should only mention overriding for compatible cartridges. HP made one manual for many models and just changed the cover page so that could be part of it. The expiration requires replacing chips. Specifically you would need to do this (It is a different machine but the same thing applies to your model.):
http://www.bjonefoto.no/Chip_resetting/Index.html
If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's not helping me at all!!
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
OK what exactly are you looking for? I can not give you a reset that does not exist. You asked me what else could cause the error besides the service station and I told you what would. You asked how to reset the expiration and there is not reset "code" but there is a reset through a replacement chip which I gave you as well. If you are looking for something else I need you to be more specific please.
.