Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We are having a problem with our Canon MP640.

Customer Question
Since an update from...
We are having a problem with our Canon MP640. Since an update from Apple in Feb of this year it will only print blank pages. I tried to contact technical support today, but I am receiving a B200 error and it sounds like it can't be resolved by Canon. We tried a Dell printer from my wife's computer but it looks like from your page her it is not compatible.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
6/30/2015
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 2 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning the Canon?
.
We did the internal cleaning procedure via the Menu settings. Is there something we should clean ourselves as well? Canon said we would probably need a new printer to function with OS 10.10.
.
Canon may have been correct as this error can mean you need a new part, however to be sure we would need to troubleshoot and find out. If that turns out to be the case I would be happy to help you find a replacement.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician