Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Epson WF-3520 is not scanning properly. It creates

Customer Question
Hi! My Epson WF-3520 is not...
Hi!
My Epson WF-3520 is not scanning properly. It creates a very blurry picture, black and white, with lots of black stripes everywhere. ....
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
6/29/2015
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Engineer
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
Does this happen from both the glass and the ADF?
If you make a photocopy (rather than a scan) how does that come out?

Hi, The copy function works perfectly and the scanning problem is worse on the glass, but still not so good in document feder...

When you tested the copy, did you do it in black or color mode? Adf or glass?Please test both glass and adf in black only and let me know how those look. Also, what software/utility are you using for your scanning? What file format are you saving to?Does the scan preview look good, or is it blurry too?

The scan preview looks bad too. I am on a macbook pro. Scanning to PDF. I tested in color mode I think. I have been printing in color and was never prompted to chose color or b&w to scan.....

the machine has worked in the past. it was off line for several month because I moved. maybe it's dirty?

Contamination is what I was thinking as well, but if it copies well then that would not be the case.Try cleaning the glass thoroughly first, then scan again from the glass.
Ok, the glass is clean..
What else could it be? It's a new printer ( bought it a year ago)
I still need to know what happens with a black only copy, on glass and adf.
Never mind.. This is taking too long between answers for me, I can't stay by my computer for hours trying to get answers..
Thx
I've responded within a few minutes of each of your replies, then didn't hear back from you until the next day.I'm happy to help, but need the requested information from you to be able to do so.Please reply back at your convenience. Best regards,Nathan
John, Computer Science Engineer