John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

When I show estimated ink levels The tricolor cartridge shows

Customer Question

when I show estimated ink levels The tricolor cartridge shows an amount but the black cartridge shows a question mark on the black cartridge indicator.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when I print a document no black printing occurs
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.
Are you using genuine HP cartridges? Or generic/refilled inks?
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Genuine HP cartridges
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a document that printed with red highlights on the paragraphs. It only printed those . The body of the dcument whick should hsve printed in back in didn't print at all
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you still working on my problem?
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Hello Sir/Madam, I apologize for the long delay.
Please follow the steps below:
1- Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine
2- Check there is no residual tape on the cartridges.
3- Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself
*** Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab
4- If any of the other cartridges are old, low, empty, leaking or bulging, replace them
5- Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
6- Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there
7- If it is it means the print head has failed
8- In order to fix this the print head inside the printer needs to be replaced
The print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page
Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace than the machine itself
=====
Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.
Please read below also:
Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.
If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.
Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It took ***** *****er than I expected, but he did come up with a solution. It seems that I need a new printer. He gave me solutions to try but they all faied s he said they might. All in all, I'm satisfied with John and his handling of this situation.
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much for your feedback. Could you please rate me as well clicking Accept and/or the happy face?
Thanks again!
JOHN