How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Russell H. Your Own Question
Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Category: Printers
Satisfied Customers: 11054
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
Type Your Printers Question Here...
Russell H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a DIP switch or other means of making an Epson M129c

Customer Question

Is there a DIP switch or other means of making an Epson M129c POS printer make a slight noise when or while paper prints or ejects?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I don't think I could say 'yes' to your question. DIP switches are inevitably for a more signifying purpose than what you have asked about. I presume you do hear your POS printer making such a noise. If so, describing it to me would allow me to judge just what is wrong.And if it is indeed making a slight noise, it could indicate something wrong in the workings. As for its making a slight amount of noise as opposed to a lot - that, in general, is part of the facts of its being an electro-mechanical device. But let me know more detail, and I will answer your question more specifically. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Exactly the opposite of what you're suggesting.. I would like this silent printer to make some innocuous sound to let me know a dupe is printing.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
A DIP switch to enable a noise-making function? There is assuredly no such thing engineered into printers. I think my decades of experience (and never having heard of such a thing before, even once) indicates that. Have you heard of any such function yourself? or any indication it might exist? if so, let me know, and I will pursue that lead.