Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Epson xp-820 when trying to print from samsung tablet cannot

Customer Question

Epson xp-820 when trying to print from samsung tablet cannot find printer that pic does.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. What version of windows are you running on the samsung tablet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Android
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Samsung 10 tablet
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1 month since purchased
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pic finds the printer on Wi fi network tablet can't find when I try to add via samsung print plugin
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Understood.. Lets not use the samsung print plugin.. Instead, lets use a free epson app. Install this onto your android tablet https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=epson.print Once installed, run the epson print app. Can it find t he XP printer, and if so. Can it print to it? Let me know exactly what happens, and what you see after you install the app so I can assist you further as needed. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you receive my texts?
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Your earlier texts, saying its been a month since you purchased, and the samsung print app cant find the printer. Did you receive my message about using the epson iprint app, that I sent you a link to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes printer found but when I try to print Gmail email response is save as a pic then be eating print job that doesn't go to printer
friendly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry asks save as a "PDF", option to change letter size, orientation, then generating print job then disappears and no printer output
,
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
When you save it as a pdf
Can you then go to the pdf app you have installed on your phone.. Open the pdf file you just saved, and try to print it from there?
If so, what happens when you do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
At "PDF" I choose printers then it cannot find the Epson printer. The epson printer app says printer ready.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Lets try to print something non pdf. For instance, try printing a picture to the epson printer.. Can you print anything to the epson printer using the phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Device is samsung tablet not a phone
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
My apologies, I mispoke. The same applies. Try to print a picture, or a word document, from the samsung tablet using the epson I print app I asked you to install. Launch epson I print, and then have it try to print something besides a pdf file.. Can it print anything to your epson printer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Anything I try goes to same panel "PDF " then print output form' letter, color then below save. When I go to PDF portion it sends me to search for printer and finds none. Epson print app shows nothing waiting. I can print to the printer from my "PC"
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
To be clear. YOu are saying if you first open the epson print app on the phone. And then try to print a picture, or a word document, or try to print anything at all ( excluding PDF) That it forces you back to a pdf printing panel?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Including PDF yes
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
I cant tell if were having a miscommunication.. Please be a bit more detailed in your responses if you can, Have you tried printing a picture using the epson I print app ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have no pictures to print. Looks like nothing in epson print catagories
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How would I move docs to the Epson file locations
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Ive attached a picture. Can you download it to the tablet, and then try to print it. ( so we can verify t he epson iprint app has basic connectivity to the printer )
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Printed ok.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Excellent. So we know you can print to the epson machine. Now, if you want to print a PDF file.. Open I print, tap saved documents. Tap t he pdf file, now try to print it. WHat happens?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The file was sent to Google drive with a response unable to convert to pdf*
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was a .text file.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Shouldnt it already be a pdf file? Ok.. If its a text file .. Then if you open iprint, and tap print documents. And then tap on the txt file. Will it print?