Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Canon iP5000 and it will not print black Have replaced the two black cartridg…

Customer Question
Hi I have a Canon...
Hi I have a Canon iP5000 and it will not print black
Have replaced the two black cartridges, used alcohol on the bladder of the cartridges. Other colors print fine....no black...first problem I have had with this printer
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
6/27/2015
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 3 years ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Hello!
Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Please try the following and let me know the response.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
If the issue still persists, try printhead cleaning using the printer control panel.
If the issue persists even after perforing all these operations, you have to replace the printhead of the printer. However, if the printer is too old, it is better to get a new printer, instead of replacing the printhead, or getting it repaired.
Unfortunately, except for business-grade workgroup printers, few modern printers are repairable, and fewer are worth repairing. Most printers are now manufactured to a "replace not repair" standard. To understand why this is the case, consider the cold, hard, real-world cost of repairing a printer.
If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.
If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!
Thank you!
S H E F I N