Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an OxF1 Error on a wf 3540 epson printer what is it…

Customer Question
I have an OxF1 Error...
I have an OxF1 Error on a wf 3540 epson printer what is it and how can it be fixed
bud
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
6/26/2015
Technician: MasterFixIt, Technician replied 3 years ago
MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Hi Im sorry to hear that how old is your printer? and also Is that the entire error message? Is the error showing on the printer or the computer?
the printer is a year and a half old.
Let's try a static discharge and see if anything changes. Turn the machine off and disconnect the power cable from it.Then wait 5 minutes. With it still unplugged hold down the power button for 30 seconds.Next, plug it back in and turn it on. Give it a minute and see if the error changes at all.please let me know;-)
same message.
0xF1 means there is a paper jam please check for that. Are any of the lights on the machine flashing? Are any of them solid red?
red light inside to the left side, Power light and a bar just above the word WiFi is flashing .
Can you try making a copy for me? This will test the printer directly rather than having it communicate with the computer let me know ow it goes.
won't let me, now getting a scanner error .
are you still there? now it's a scanner error!
Thank you for that, this means there is an internal sensor error having to do with the paper jam sensor specifically. It sounds like one of those sensors has failed.Its not an expensive part but the repair on this machine needs to be completed by a local printer copier shop. The reason it needs to be done by an experienced tech si that there are quite a few parts that need to come out and be re aligned and the only ones with those specialty tools are copy repair techs.But this repair shouldn't cost an awful lot as the part is only a few dollars at most and the repair can be done by them in under an hour;-)This part can fail prematurely due to a power spike or even an electrical storm in your area recently. Also this part can fail just as it es an electronic component and subject to failure at any time , kind of like a light bulb.I wish I had better news for you on this I really do but have a great day anyway and please rate kindly before closing this page as it is the only way I am compensated for my time with you.Thank you for your patience as I had to be sure.Tech Michael