Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I need help with printing labels on my Brother mfc-j4510dw…

Customer Question
I need help with printing...
I need help with printing labels on my Brother mfc-j4510dw
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I have tried putting the Avery label sheet into the paper tray alone, without any other paper in the tray. I have tried having about 10-15 sheets of paper underneath the Avery label sheet. The printer seems to have trouble "grabbing" the label sheet. I will then get a paper jam error. I open the printer and remove the label sheet. It is intact, undamaged, and not torn in any way.
When can I expect a call? My phone number is(###) ###-#### It is now 1:13 pm EST.
6/27/2015
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Does the sheet of Avery labels feed into the printer, at all?
If so, I advise you to enter a Custom Size, in your printer's driver settings on your computer, which should be equivalent to the size of the sheet of Avery labels as a whole. (I am guessing, that if it feeds into your printer, but there is a 'jam' message and it stops, it would be owing to a wrong size being looked for by the printer, and it stopping once it detected the size of the actual sheet (of Avery labels) being different.
If the sheet of Avery labels does *not* feed into the printer at all, you need to clean your printer's paper pickup rollers, as follows - but only if the Avery labels do not feed into the printer!:
If the problem might possibly be owing to aging roller surfaces (for paper is fed into faxes and printers with rubber or plastic cylindrical rollers, that propel the sheet into or through the machine)... then you might need to clean the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not happening.
Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not being done properly.
Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over.
(If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.)
Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again.