Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a samsung clp 315 with the famous solid red light.

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/23/2015
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Technician
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you remove the power to it and let it sit for 10 minutes. This will drain out the residue power.
Then connect the power and turn it on and tell me please if it now functions.
Let me know the results please
Yes I have turned off.. for 10 mins or more and turned back on. Still is a solid red light.
I did that already ( per my previous response. still red light.
I have answered twice before.. and now I am getting a rate me email?? we havent even started trouble shooting except for turn off and on...
Hi Joanne,
It was 10 days before you replied to my instructions, and I was not on at that time.
Can you follow the ionstructions here to reset the printer and tell me if it then works.
Click me to open
Let me know the results please
I was not available in my office to try to trouble shoot until the other day.. So you are you saying i need to purchase a chip or software to attempt to reset this printer? I am just afraid to purchase anything more or download softwares on my computer with out knowing the source.
So what if this is a drum issue / a toner cartridge reset issue. I am wondering if I should replace the drum first before messing around with firmware?
If its the actual Drum or Toner you would need to replace it, but you will not be able to confirm this until you have done the reset via the instructions on the link I gave.
just paid the 12 bucks.. i got an email confirm form paypal.. but no file or anything was emailed to me, and once I purchased I didnt get an redirect to the site for download.. so... not sure what to do now.
It is possible their system is down.
Be sure to check your Spam folder in case it has gone to this or email ***@******.*** and have them manually send it, be sure to provide all the printer details and the paypay email address you use so they can look this up
I got the email; and downloaded ; extracted the file; and then double clicked on it. I got a black screen. and then nothing.. I got not further screens for set up or run. so i am not sure it did anything.. I also tried one more time with a right click and run ad administrator with the same results.
What is it suppose to do ?
Follow the instruction film on the link I gave you which steps you through this.
OK the software people sent me directions. I was not dragging and dropping correctly.. so but here is the issue. when I did that.. it sent the file to the wrong printer.. so I think a F'd Up my other laser printer ( i have 2 printers connected via USb to my computer and this software didnt give me an option to send to which printer... uggg..
So now I have a brother printer flashing an error. when I did it again with only the samsung printer connected.. nothing seems to be happening... So I am at a loss right now....
ok, restart the computer and do the instructions again please to update the firmware.
Let me know the results please
Richard, Technician