Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I get the /Y printhead problem message (even after following the inst…

Customer Question
I get the B/Y printhead...
I get the B/Y printhead problem message (even after following the instructions including cleaning the new printhead contacts). Any ideas?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
6/22/2015
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 3 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.
Firs trying wiping the printheads with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If no luck, make sure you are using genuine HP printheads like this one ===> http://amzn.to/1BFFYRx <=== CLICK HERE
If you are using genuine and new HP printheads but you still get the issue, then the printer is defective, unfortunately. In that case please let me know if the printer is still in warranty.
=====
Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.
Please read below also:
Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.
If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.
Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!
We had replaced the printhead using an HP printhead a week or so ago and operation was restored.
I replaced the router, noticed the printer was off-line, pressed the power button and when it did not shutdown, I pulled the power cord.
Now I have a printhead error.
I cleaned the printhead electrical contacts using a cotton ball and warm water. The b/y printhead was relatively clean, but the other was pretty dirty.
I still have the printhead error and the printer is still offline.
I am going to reboot the system - the router is on 192.168.1.1, but when I ping that address I get nothing. When I ping 192.168.0.1 I get a response. But e-mail and the network browser works????
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 2 years ago
If you have the printhead error the printer is not going to print even if it is connected to your network.
To isolate the issues, please try to make a copy from the printer itself, if the printer works then we can focus on the network issue. If the printer is still giving you a printhead error, then the printhead is defective or the circuit board of the printer is defective.
=====
Please read below also: