Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Epson 620 printer won't print a CD

Customer Question

Epson 620 printer won't print a CD
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
The computer you are initiating the print from, is it a Windows XP , Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac?
Is its a mac, can you check the osx version as follows.
Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.
Thank you,
Dustin S
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a MAC OSX 10.9.5 When I hit print the printer begins to respond and then kicks out the CD tray and asks me to pull out the output tray
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do all the preliminary stuff and the printer will say it is ready to print the CD, then it pulls in the CD tray and then spits it out. I have the CD in properly and have checked the compatibility of the software
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Understood. if you have tried what I am about to recommend, please try once more following the steps in succession.
Start with the cd removed from the cd / dvd tray.
Then, call up the print command on your mac. Then, when you send the print command .. follow these steps in order
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?infoType=FAQ&oid=253770&foid=263833
If you run through the preparation process this way, it should prep the cd for being written on..If you follow the steps in the order I suggested, Will it make it past the output tray message?
If you get stuck or run into any issues let me know, and if this does or doest work, send a reply and I will assist you further as needed.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still does the same thing. It acts like it is printing on paper
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I do pull out the output tray it will print the CD cover on the paper
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Understood, when you call up the print command, did you click on tray and adjust accordingly?
Also, was this working for you previously on this same mac, or is this the first time youve attempted to print on a cd from this mac / printer?
And just to be thorough, are you using cd's that are labeled as "printable"?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I hit print on the computer it acts normal. I have not printed a CD with this mac before but it prints docs fine and is receiving the instructions. Yes, the CDs are printable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just bought the printer today for the sole purpose of printing CDs.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Understood.. So I can ensure everything is set up properly on the mac and try to get this working in person, im sending you an offer for our screen sharing service. With a screen share, I can temporarily connect to your mac and work on this issue directly, on screen. It is not mandatory that we try a screen share, but it will offer us our best chance of success.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am sure the problem is not coming from my computer so not sure a screen share will help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I select the correct computer in the print option and the computer gets the message. It just won't print the label on the CD but will print it on paper
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
The screen share will allow a couple of things.. For one, Ill be able to access the printer localhost file on your mac, and check its defaults. Two, ill be able to connect to the printer through your mac, and upgrade its firmware. Three, Ill be able to edit the settings in the mac epson print drive, remove it and reinstall it if needed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried to accept it and it says my payment method is not accepted but it took it the first time. I know there is lots of $$$ in that account.
If I can't get it accepted what else can I do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What I don't get is that it will print just fine on paper
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
We can worry about payment afterwords, maybe theres a temporary issue with our payment page.. To start the connection, click this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=0fd4165d-d48e-416d-9ecd-fabf3eb254a7&Type=Java On that page click agree, then it will download an elsinore screen connect java file. Once downloaded, go to your downloads folder. Ctrl click on the elsinore file, tell it to open and install. That will connect us.. If you run into any issues, let me know. Dustin S
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I downloaded it and a page opens but nothing happens.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
After you downloaded the file. Did you go to your downloads folder and find the Elsinore screen connect file? If so, did you Ctrl click on that file and open it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It says I have to download java first.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
It should contain a link that takes you to the java download. Download java, install it. And you should then be able to ctrl click and run the file.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You should be connected
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have opened the cd printing software with the file I want to print
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you there?
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Im here, were already connected.. Working the issue.. D.S
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
A follow up to our session.
We were able to get the Epson cd print program to work, and were able to successfully print a cd. To print a cd in the future, here is a basic guide.
Make the image you want to use in the Disketch program. Then, when its ready. Click file, save as, choose a name for the image, make sure its saving as a picture image , check the location it is saving the image to ( such as desktop) Then save the image.
next, launch the epson print cd program.
Inside the program, click insert , picture / image. Select the image we just made.
Most likely you will have to resize the image to fit the cd. It helps to click View > 50%
Then, if you click the picture image you inserted, you should see small white boxes surrounding the images. Use the corner boxes, click and pull to get the image to overlay the cd as closely as you can.. You may need to use the top and and side boxes to line up the image perfectly. Once you have the image set correctly..
Choose file, print. Make sure the printer is set to epson 620 ( not epson 620 series 2 or series 3, as those are the usb drivers)
After you click file print, and have verified the 620 printer is selected, all you should need to do is change the " copies" to represent how many cds you want to print. And then click print.
If you get stuck or run into any further issues, you are welcome to respond.
Dustin S.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, This is Dustin from JustAnswer.com.
After we successfully completed our long session, figured out the issue, and resolved the problem. We were able to successfully print to cds using your epson printer.
Please consider this just a friendly reminder to return to this page and click and submit one of the rating icons. As thats the only way I would be credited for assisting you with this problem. ( also, after you submit a rating there should be a location where you can add on the additional service fee for the 2hrs of remote support.)
Thank you again, and if you run into any further issues, you know where to find me.
Dustin S.