Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

XP720 had paper jam, after clearing from rear the printer will

Customer Question
not start. Light on button...
XP720 had paper jam, after clearing from rear the printer will not start. Light on button flashes but no start. Can you please help, Ray Smith Serial No UFQY000623
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
6/21/2015
Technician: WesPCDr, Technician replied 2 years ago
WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Hi,I’m Wes. I’ll be glad to help with the issue and answer any questions
Sometimes the rollers become dirty and cause the paper to slip. This can cause the paper not to pick up or even cause a paper jam because the sensors do not see the paper pass in a certain amount of time.To fix the problem, unplug the printer power cable for 10 minutes. Use tweezers to pull the paper out or the eraser end of a pencil to move therollers and get to the paper. Then use a damp paper towel with water or Windex and clean the rollers. Startwhere the paper touches the printer and look for white, gray, and blackrollers. Use your fingers to move the rollers as much as you can to clean them.Open the printer and clean the other rollers you can find as well. Open each cover front, top, and back of the printer and look for pieces ofpaper in the rollers. Move the rollers with your fingers to clean and move anyloose paper out as well.Then plug the printer power back in try to print.

Did not solve the problem- there are no paper jams now and the rollers are clean.

Does the light flash as soon as you turn on the printer or only when trying to print?

Light flashes when turned on but will not start. Have taken printer to service agent for repairs under warranty as advised by Epson.

yes, sorry, the problem seems to be a hardware malfunction rather than a simple issue.Please take to Epson servicing for repair or replacement.

Printer is to be replaced by Epson. Thanks for trying

Excellent. Glad it worked out.
Hopefully, the warranty keeps with thin one.
WesPCDr
WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician