John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer won't print pictures. It will start receiving the

Customer Question

My printer won't print pictures. It will start receiving the file, it will start printing it, and then it stops at some point, sometimes halfway through, sometimes near the end, sometimes it only prints about 5% of the image.
Canon MG5420, Windows 8. Verizon FIOS WiFi.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Thank You!! for posting your Question.My name is ***** ***** today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.
Did this happen to every p[picture or some pictures ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The vast majority of pictures; all were roughly the same size.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Can you try to print a small size picture and let me know the result or lower the resolution of these pictures and try to print .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well, the last picture I tried to print was 47 kb.....that's pretty small. and it wouldn't print. Need me to try again?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Which program, you are using the print the pictures ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Printing them from Windows Photo Viewer.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Can you try to print this page and let me know, if it print completely or not ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hold on, doing it now. Page is not automatically refreshing w/your responses. :-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So.....No. Did not print. It said it was 3 pages, it only printed some text on the first page, then it spit out a second empty page. So the printer has stopped, although the printer dialog box remained open, and then an error box just popped up saying "Print data cannot be sent because of current printer status. Check that the printer is connected and the power is on. If an error has occurred in the printer, clear the error. Even when the printer is operating correctly, this message may appear if the printer is taking a long time to perform an operation. If this message does not disappear after some time, stop printing, and then print again."
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Um.....Hello?I have to leave my computer now.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I could not get back to you, as I was offline. Please reply me back, when you are free.