Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Canon MX 850 printer that is displaying Error Code…

Customer Question
I have a Canon MX...
I have a Canon MX 850 printer that is displaying Error Code B200. What do I need to do to fix this problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
6/17/2015
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 2 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning it yet?
.
No I have not. Do I need to take it in to have it cleaned?
.
No you can do it on your own.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
This did not work. When I plugged it back in I did not even get a message to reload the ink cartridges.
.
Ok next we will want to remove the print head and do a manual deep cleaning.
This video explains how to do that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZheZf-vdho8
You can dry it with a lint free cloth instead of waiting, do not use paper towels as lint can clog the nozzles.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
I am not prepared to go through this whole process for a printer that is now about 10 years old. I think I will simply purchase a new one at Staples where I do my shopping for printer materials and at the same time, get a printer that is wireless. Thanks for the advice but I am going to pass on your suggestion. I just do not have the time or skills to try and solve the problem this way.
.
Ok if you change your mind just let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician