Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have installed my new Perfection V37 scanner onto

Customer Question
Hello, i have installed my...
Hello, i have installed my new Perfection V37 scanner onto my mac desktop and it will not recognise the scanner.
I am running OS X 10.9.5 which should be enough as the system requirements are apparently OS 10.5.8 or later for the scanner.
I set it up on my computer at work and it installed perfectly with Yosemite..
please help!!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
6/17/2015
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 3 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with your Epson Perfection V37 Scanner, i will try my best to resolve the problem at the earliest.
Unplug the scanner and follow the driver removal steps after you get the driver removed reboot your mac and install a new copy of the driver given below link
Removal steps:
1. Click the "Finder" icon on your screen's dock, and click the "Macintosh HD" icon located under the Devices section in the Finder's sidebar.
2. Double-click the "Library" icon to open the folder, and double-click the "Printers" folder.
3. Locate the printer's folder you wish to delete in the window, and drag the folder to the Trash icon on the screen's dock. Alternatively, click the folder you wish to delete, click "File" at the top of the screen and select "Move to Trash" from the drop-down menu.
4. Click "Finder" at the top of the screen, and select "Empty Trash" from the drop-down menu to remove the files from your hard drive. Click "Empty Trash" on the dialog box to confirm the action. Click "Secure Empty Trash" from the drop-down list to permanently delete the files.
Installation steps:
press the Apple menu and Choose System Preferences
Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) from the View menu.
Hold down the Option key on your keyboard while clicking the "-" (minus sign that you see on the print & fax window, along with a + sign) button. Then, choose Reset Printing System.
in case there is no printers in the list then , hold down the Control key while clicking in the box that appears above the "+" (plus sign that you see on the print & fax window, and not on the keyboard) button, then choose Reset printing system… from the contextual menu.
After that click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & fax window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
direct download link: http://tinyurl.com/nw9ol6b
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further