Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My EPSON XP 610 printer gave me a message that I would need…

Customer Question
My EPSON XP 610 printer...
My EPSON XP 610 printer gave me a message that I would need a printer ink pad soon.
Could you tell me how to get the ink pad & how to install it? Thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
6/16/2015
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 3 years ago
Nathan, Engineer
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Cathy. Unfortunately, there is no quick or easy fix here. This message indicates a hardware problem, specifically that that the internal "ink absorber system" is full. The ink absorber is a series of pads/tanks, which catch drips from the printhead when parked, and is also used for maintenance tasks like cleaning and purging.Eventually this absorber fills up, and the printer shuts down operations, as continuing to operate it can result in ink overflowing the system, damaging your desk, flooring, etcWhile it is sometimes possible to temporarily reset the counter, this is dangerous as the system will likely overflow. Cleaning/emptying/replacing the system is a difficult and messy process as well, best left to a qualified service technician. This service is generally not practical though - it's going to run you $150-250 for repairs, which just isn't worth it for an older printer.These printers are designed and built for a maximum service life of 3 years. If you have reached the point that the absorber has filled, then other wear items like the printhead, feed rollers, etc are also going to be at the end of their lives and need service/replacement soon.Given the costs and complexity of fixing this issue, you'd be better off replacing the printer. You can get a brand new and better machine, with current technology and a fresh warranty, for $60-80, which makes more sense than investing in the worn machine.I can recommend replacement options for you if you'd like, or if you'd prefer to try having it serviced or working on it yourself, I can advise further on those options. Replacement would be your best bet though, economically speaking. Best regards, ***** ***** for the bad news,Nathan
Nathan, Engineer