Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have a Canon PIMAMX479 printer. Trying to set up wireless…

Customer Question
Have a Canon PIMAMX479 printer...
Have a Canon PIMAMX479 printer. Trying to set up wireless it keeps telling me to press WPS - where is it
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
6/15/2015
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 3 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.
It is located in your router, usually on the back or front. However not all routers have a WPS button, in that case you have to follow a different installation approach.
Please click reply to let me know.
Thank you. We have an AT&T router that is plugged into our laptop. There is no button. What is the different installation approach. Thanks
When you see the "press the WPS button" message, press the Stop button on the printer to proceed with the install using Standard Setup Method. You need to follow the prompts.
If you have Windows you can follow this document ===> http://www.usa.canon.com/CUSA/assets/app/pdf/wireless/InitialSetup_MX452_Windows.pdf
If you have a Mac, please open this one instead ===> http://www.usa.canon.com/CUSA/assets/app/pdf/wireless/InitialSetup_MX452_Mac.pdf
Please keep me posted, even if it works or not.
Thank you!
Hi John: Not having any luck. Instructions told me to connect with USB cable . - which one didn't come with printer. Seems like a lot of work to connect a printer. Thanks anyway. Don't know where to go from here.
I can help you step by step. Which Operating System do you have? Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1? Or Mac OS?
If you are not sure please click here whatsmyos.com and let me know what you see next to "Your OS is".
Thank you!
I believe it is windows 7
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 3 years ago
Jason Jones, Technician

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.
Thank you,
Jason