John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My computer is telling me I need to re-install

Customer Question

My computer is telling me I need to re-install the driver for my HP Officejet 8500A 910g printer. I have re-installed the printer. I get a message saying the driver is not found. Also that the "Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter" is needed and is in the printer driver. I get microsoft windows updates all the time but this is a recent event. I don't know what is wrong. I ran Dell Diagnostics on my computer and everything 'passed'. Help, my printer works but the colors are not right.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)
I look forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
wireless network
Thank you for the update.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok
Thank you.
After you accept the additional service for the remote, the remote link will be posted here.
-Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cancel everything. I am done.
I am confused.
Is the problem no longer an issue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No not resolved but I don't like the way this service is going. I do not wish any further services and my money got nothing but come ons for more costly services.
I am sorry for the confusion.
I am very familiar with this problem and have dealt with it or similar problems a few thousand times.
I don't want you to feel like I am trying to nickle and dime you.
How about this; may I remote in at no extra charge? I will do this as a favor to you, being that you were not fully aware of how the system here works.
- Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No thank you.
thank you