Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have a brother mfc-j825dw, and I was trying to put a flash

Customer Question

I have a brother mfc-j825dw, and I was trying to put a flash drive in so that I can scan a document. The printer is not recognizing the flash drive. It recognized it the day before, and my computer read the flash drive today.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. The USB port on the printer may be bad, but please try the troubleshooting below to check:

- Please turn off printer, then disconnect the power cord from the printer for a few minutes, then reconnect, then turn on and check.

- If you have another USB flash drive, does it work with the printer?

- Have you tried back up your data on the USB flash drive to the computer, then format the USB flash drive on the computer, then see if it works with the printer?

- Also, if you have a memory card (like an SD or SDHC memory card), does it work with the printer?

Please let me know. Thank you.