Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brother ISS 2125i machine with a FDM Speed controller…

Customer Question
I have a Brother ISS...
I have a Brother ISS 2125i machine with a FDM Speed controller Model KD-1902. I am unable to sew effectively as the foot control, as it is pressed down, makes a noise, louder as you you press further, then races at full speed, making the sewing uncontrollable. It is full speed or nothing.
What can I do? Is there an adjustment? Is it defective. Can't use the machine.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Printers
6/8/2015
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 3 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I suggest that you need to try replacing the speed controller switch or foot switch.
Here's some sources for a replacement of the speed controller / foot switch - the first is rather pricey, but the page confirms that your Brother machine is compatible with it:
http://www.sewingsupplywarehouse.com/xc7359021.html
This listing is possibly the cheapest - and it's on eBay.com:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271866545692?lpid=82&chn=ps
And this one is mid-price, but not on eBay.com:
http://www.bonanza.com/listings/FDM-Speed-Control-Electronic-Sewing-Machine-Foot-Pedal-Model-KD-1902/234725318?gpid=76984044061&gpkwd=&goog_pla=1&gclid=CJuXms-UgcYCFVWPHwodTpcAZQ
If this answers the question adequately, please rate my Answer - favorably - so I may be paid. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.